Monday, April 7, 2014

Post Conference Week

 April 7, 2014

Happy post-conference day. I hope all of you have been spiritually enlightened and your testimonies have been strengthened as has mine.

Not that much happened this week teaching-wise so I'm going to just fill you in on some details on my day to day. By the way, this keyboard doesn't have a comma so don't judge. The Savior taught us not to.

My companion and I are pretty much best friends by now. The transfer is happening right this second in Solidade, Recife while we're here in the computer place. That means I will be with Elder W. Ferreira for more time than any other companion. Good thing we get along because 24 hours a day for 4 months is a little much if you ask me. I mean we're both men..... The members are super legit here. Way humble and totally willing to work with us. The roads we walk on are all just mud and sand. So our shoes by the end of the day are just encrusted. The young men in the ward really like us. We always find opportunities to joke around with them. Then when we ask for them to help us they just jump right on it. On Sundays it's complicated because there are two wards we have to deal with so sometimes we end up ditching each other to try to talk to all the people who need favors from the missionaries. And it's A LOT. Family Home Evenings.. People wanting me to translate documents to English.. new investigators... service projects... it's a mess but it's fun. My diet right now is pretty small and spaced out because we just don't have time to eat. Protein shake in the morning... rice/beans/chicken for lunch... a ham sandwich at like 9:00... That's how we do it in Pernambuco. My workout routine has stayed the same for pretty much my whole mission. Pushups and pullups one day... abs the next... But for the past 3 months I haven't had a bar so my back got weaker. I just bought one(sent a member to get it from the mall since we can't go there) so we're getting back in the rhythm of things. But instead of doing 30 per set.. I'm doing like 20. It's sad. 


I've been a leader of sisters for about 7 months now so I know more sisters than elders. I guess it's not that bad. Sisters are cool. One of the sisters that was transferred today told us that we were the best Zone Leader's she'd ever had... and she has had a lot in the US and here so that was a really sweet compliment. She said we treat them like missionaries instead of just little girls who are sweet and likable. That's what we we're trying to do.

Conference was sick. Superbowl conference weekend with the American missionaries in the English room. It's always a party. There were also a few Brasilians in there but I did a division with Elder Boss to watch the English session. The talks were awesome. Elder Christofferson's talk was rochedo. The doctrine on the resurrection was perfect. I liked when he said "only a God could come back to life... so Christ was a God... God can't lie... So the Doctrine of Christ is true." The conference was also great for the members who are struggling with being embarrassed or scared to be a member of the church.  "Truth will always be opposed".  That's something we have to teach our investigators every day because the Protestants here right books and talk bad about the  "Mormon cult" and some people are ignorant enough to believe it. I can't look at the scine of general conference and deny the truthfulness of the restored gospel. It's just too real and the fruits are just too good. Christ is the head of this church and we are his servants. Let's stop being slackers and just do his will.

Right after conference we ate dinner at Flavio and Edinete's house with the Bishop and his wife. They didn't go to conference but they're already friends with the judge of Israel from this ward. Bishop Gostavo teaches like a boss and they talked about eternal marriage. It's just a question of time with this family. Pray for them please.

Christ lives.
Love y'all.
Elder Dallin Stephen Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment