Monday, May 6, 2013

My Sister's Married!

 
 
April 29, 2013
 
So I guess my sister is married now... weird.

haha!  Awesome. It was fun just to open my email and find tons of pictures of my family all dressed nice. Everyone looks very happy. I was thinking about the wedding all week but don't worry, I was focusing on the work!  I thought Landon's quote was funny. haha Brandon she's all yours... you for real you can have her. Jk. But seriously. But wow. My sister is MARRIED? Hard to believe. Thought it would never happen. But then again when I was home, it felt like I was never going to get on the mission. It always just felt super far away. Funny how time works like that. Everyone's just going through the steps of life. The pictures are awesome. Ashton looks beautiful and happy.  I'm glad she made the decision to get married in the temple for time and all eternity. Heavenly father has a perfect plan for all of us, and it all revolves around the family.  Being here on the mission has reminded me how awesome family is. I guess it's the whole being away from family for a long time thing.   I don't think I could bear the thought of not being able to live with the people I love after this life. Two years is long enough but, I'm really enjoying my time here.  I'm learning a lot about myself, my strengths and my weaknesses. I still need to work on the whole air-head forget-stuff thing.. That's just how I've always been.  If you know me, you know that.  I'm learning I have way more tolerance than other people, trying to think of an example but I can't right now... Anyways. ..This week was good.  It's the second to the last week for Elder Moore here so we're just having fun and working hard.  We baptized 2 more kids this week, Paulos' kids, the guy that owns the bar.  It was great. Their mom came but their dad was asleep... because he owns a bar. But he doesn't drink so that's cool. This letter is going to be terrible because I didn't write anything down this week to write for y'all.
 
Elder Moore's birthday was this week, so naturally we ate tons of cake and got super fat.  But it's all good.  I planned a surprise party for him with a sister in the ward.  She's gotta be like 80 but, she's the coolest lady ever. She said just to stop by her house that night. So we did and there were tons of ward members there to celebrate Elder Moore's birthday. It was cool. We had hot dogs, cake, and some more cake I guess.  Everything here is cake.
 
One of the days of this week we went to another area in our zone to help them get more in their teaching group.  They have 7, not good. I'm pretty sure it's because the Elders who are there are both about to go home and are just dying. Happens too much if you ask me. But we went there with a little success, taught a lesson and came back. Oh yeah, so my comp is the District Leader now so there's a good chance that I will be DL + train next transfer.  It's going to be crazy but I feel ready for whatever is about to happen.  My Portuguese is solid but I am still learning every day.  My Brazilian roommates said that my pronunciation and rhythm is getting worse because I'm speaking in English too much. That woke me up so any chance I get I like to talk to them and I talk to myself in Portuguese.
 
Well. All is well here. It's starting to rain super hard every day. I guess it's reaching the rainy season. Glad Ashton is married now, and setting the example for the rest of the world on how to live in accordance with the principals of the gospel.  Families can be eternal if we just take advantage of the ordinances god has given us on this earth.
 
Love you all!
Elder Dallin Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment