Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday, December 24, 2012

Family!
Merry Christmas! It's pretty weird having the Christmas season in the summer in a tropical place, but it's cool. Last night we sang carols in front of the MTC. It was way cool. I couldn't tell if the people across the street listening to us were all members or a mixed group because there were a lot of people who came who work for the mtc here. It was still cool though. When we were done singing we went across the street and shook everyone's hands and wished them a Feliz Natal. If I knew how to say anything else in Portuguese I would have had some actual conversations but I guess we'll save that for next Christmas. We still don't know what is planned for us for Christmas here. If it was just a day of relaxation I would be quite content, maybe throw a service project in there somewhere.
So from I'm hearing from everyone's emails everything is going alright. Hopefully the Falcons can stay good this season and pull a superbowl championship. Hope Charlie is doing well now. It sounds like he was having some weird stuff going on. Keep me updated. Also Happy Anniversary! 24 years is a long time. Is that almost the silver one? idk. And congratulations to Easton on recieveing the priesthood! That's a big step. He's getting old. 
Tell Ashton to send me an email.
So this week I feel like I plateaued a little bit with the language. I learned some new grammar stuff but nothing I really know how to use in everyday speech. It's pretty hard to remember everything you learn here. I have Brazilian roommates and it's so hard to talk to them. It's pretty frustrating but I just have to use the vocabulary that I have to work around what I want to say. I don't really know anything outside of talking about the gospel, which is OK cause that's why I'm here. I just want to get out into the field and learn by doing. That's the best way I know how to learn. All the Brazilians say the best and most beautiful place in Brazil is Recife. That makes me and my short companion very excited and also gives us a little bit of pride even though we've never actually been there.
 
I'm still working out. They have a mini track here that's like 200 meters long. We do sprints on it and then they also have a staircase that is fun to work out on. Pull ups, push ups, sit ups, all day every day. I'm having a hard time trying to think of interesting stuff to write about cause every day is the same here. My testimony is definitely growning here. I guess reading the scriptures and studying the gospel every day will do that to you. I've found that if I have a question in mind when I'm reading the Book of Mormon, it will be answered every time. It's amazing. The depth of any chapter in the Book of Mormon can do this. This week we fasted that Elder Frogley's Dad would have a successful knee surgery because if it wasn't successfull he would have been stuck in a wheelchair. Needless to say, it was successful so fasting works. The Gospel is cool that way. We just have to have faith that if we do our part the Lord will meet us half way. Well, I love you all. Hope you have a great Christmas and that all of your wildest dreams come true (Pedro voice) .
Elder Dallin Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment