Thursday, December 27, 2012

Visa Arrived: Heading to Brazil!!!

Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Hello!

So ridiculous news.... MY WHOLE DISTRICT JUST GOT THEIR VISAS LIKE AN HOUR AGO. We're all going to be on the same flight. It goes to Atlanta then Sao Paulo. Everyone is freaking out! Including me! This is real life now. I leave for Brazil on Tuesday. And I get to call you guys for like 5 minutes tonight so make sure you're home!! Everything is alright. I have way more tolerance for my companion now and my district is like a band of brothers. I'm going to send you guys my black peacoat and I already sent you those Clarks. They are a size 9.5 and I need a size 9 because the heel was slipping pretty bad. They were awesome apart from that so the half size down should be just right. So just order some off zappos and get the fastesst shipping so I can have them before I go to Brazil!


This is stressful. I have to pack up and leave again. I've made a lot of new friends here and it's going to be kind of hard to leave them but I'm sure I'll find them on facebook or something when I get back. Portuguese is coming a long. I don't think I have the Spanish mental block anymore so that's good. I can teach a lesson pretty well in Portuguese and testify and pray. When we role play with investigators I'm always the one who carries the lesson. My companion can't speak as well as me so it's hard sometimes. But he's trying to do better and that's all that matters. We read over 3 Nephi 11 in our district and it was awesome. I felt the spirit so strongly when we were talking about Christ and when he came to the Americas. I feel sorry for our teachers... they don't even have students anymore! Oh well. It's stressful writing emails in the laundry room cause everybody is breathing down your neck.

Here is my flight information for Tuesday/Wednesday...

Delta 192
Dec 4 11:10 am- 4:42pm. That's Salt Lake to Atlanta.

Delta 105
Dec4 7:30pm-8:15 am Dec 5. That's Atlanta to Braizil.

So plan when you're going to be home accordingly! I'll be calling on the layover. And I'll try to call before the first flight and after the second one.

So I guess update my address on facebook to the one they gave us for my original Brazil MTC address.

Until then send me DearElders until I leave on Tuesday if there's anything you really need to tell me or whatever!

I got a haircut here like an hour ago and I don't know how I feel about it. You know I'm picky about my haircuts, but who am I trying to impress?! It was just a regular mom who cut my hair. My district wasn't the only one who got their visas today. The missionaries that just got here who were supposed to go to Brazil also got theirs. Not fair but whatever. I thought I would see Derek Jackson here but I guess not. That would have been kinda cool. Well I have to get off now so I'll call you tonight around 6-7 Utah time! Give or take. K love you all! Hope everything is going great.

-Elder Dallin Carroll


No comments:

Post a Comment